Organic & Raw
A North American native staple food, before the arrival of the Europeans, pecans are particularly rich in unsaturated fatty acids as well as arginine, a heart beneficial amino acid. Ultimate cardiovascular protector, pecans have impressive antioxidant properties that help ward off aging cells and cancers. Rich in manganese, copper and zinc, this sumptuous and flavourful nut governs many metabolic processes in the body such as blood and collagen formation. Pecans also help synthesize and release insulin in the pancreas.
Strong taste similar to walnuts, this rich and divine nut can be added to pie crusts, grilled vegetables and of course the infamous pecan pie!
Nutrition & Benefits
- Rich in vitamin E, beta-carotene, xanthophyll and zeaxanthin, pecans help ward off free radicals responsible for diseases such as cancers and infections
- Contains phytosterols beneficial for cardiovascular health
- Excellent source of manganese and copper, this nut helps strengthen the immune system
- Contains high amount of Omega 9 (monounsaturated) fatty acids, pecans help lower cholesterol levels in the blood
This product is:
- Organic Products marked with this symbol are certified organic by ECOCERT Canada (www.ecocertcanada.com) . These products come from organic agricultural practices. They do not contain any GMO, pesticides, preservatives such as sulfites and have not been cultivated with chemical fertilizers, herbicides or any other chemical product.
- Kosher Products marked with this symbol are certified kosher by the body KSR.
- Gluten Free PRANA is a gluten free company. All products marked with this symbol are 100% gluten free and have never been in contact with gluten. Allergen reports, sent to us by our suppliers, ensure that our products contain no gluten or have not been cross-contaminated during their production with gluten. No gluten ever enters PRANA’s warehouse and production area. We also have sporadic laboratory tests done on random PRANA products to ensure that our products are gluten-free.
- Raw Products marked with this symbol have never been cooked at temperatures exceeding 40 °C (104 °F) which makes them raw.
Pecans originate from the Mississippi Valley in the United States. They were a staple of the Native American diet before the arrival of the Europeans. It is the national tree of the State of Texas, which is happens to be the origin of the pecans PRANA offers to you.
Raw, roasted, salted or sweetened pecans make a perfect addition to any meal! Add them to recipes such as smoothies, nut milk, deserts, raw pie crust, energy bars and especially in the infamous pecan pie!
Can be preserved in a cool, dry cupboard, protected from light and humidity for up to 2 months and up to 12 months if kept in the refrigerator.
United-States of America
Did you know?
The pecan tree lives for an extremely long time. It is not rare to find a pecan tree that is more than 100 years old. Some can even live to be 1,000 years old. They can measure up to 2 metres in circumference and up to 55 metres high, but the majority of them have a height of 25-30 metres.